We’re now play testing the, now overhauled, Fortune and Folly board game – and it plays like a dream!
Key changes include:
- A drastic reduction in piece types, cards and negative water card events
- Any card you draw takes effect and is discarded the same turn – nothing is docked to your ship mat
- Crew cards and events/expeditions that reference them have all been moved to a planned expansion
- Fighting and fishing are fun! Both use the encounter grid at either corner of the board
- You can board enemy ships!
- No more unique ships – instead everyone has the same base ship and has the chance to buy special equipment to customize their ship
- No more Trader class – everyone has the opportunity to deal in arbitrage between ports
- Rations go in their own little box – this makes it much easier to spend and place them
Check out the prototype photos!